Football season in the south brings with it a whole host of seasonal activities for football fans, from game-day tailgates and sports bar outings, to friendly bets and bowl parties. At EMERGE INSURANCE AGENCY, we want your football season to be both exciting and safe, so as you cheer your team to victory, consider the following tips.
- Keep it clean: Tailgating is one of America’s favorite pastimes! If you’re tailgating, select non-breakable, recyclable containers. This will make cleanup easier and help avoid injuries resulting from broken glass.
- Be smart: Whether you are tailgating, hosting a football-watching party at your house, sitting in the stands or joining your buddies at the local bar, know your limit on alcohol intake and make sure you have a designated driver.
- Know where you’re going: Always plan travel to and from the stadium to avoid getting lost and to make finding parking easier if you drive.
- Fill those bellies: Whenever alcohol is consumed, make sure food is too!
- Be weather wise: If you’re heading to the stadium, be sure to prepare for the weather. OK, it’s hard to prepare for hot weather. But remember to stay hydrated – with water being the best beverage to select for that purpose
- Keep it close: Whether you’re hitting the live game or the local tavern, be sure to keep your valuables, such as wallets, mobile phones and purses, safe. Also, keep it close to you (better yet, attached) at all times to avoid theft.
Wherever and however you’re watching the game, we hope you enjoy every last minute. Go team (#jags, #gators, #noles , #falcons, #bucs, and yes #commodores)!
Game day insurance tips
Here are a few pointers for making sure your insurance provides an additional safety net on game day:
- Make sure you have adequate auto coverage to cover any contents that may be stolen in the unfortunate event of a break-in at the stadium parking lot.
- Ensure you have sufficient liability coverage on your homeowner’s policy, as well as medical payments coverage and possibly umbrella coverage. These exist to protect you in the event someone becomes injured while at your house.
- Consider roadside assistance coverage. In the event your vehicle breaks down or you lock your keys in your car, it can save the day.
EMERGE INSURANCE AGENCY