Halloween Safety Around the House:
- Make sure to remove anything from the yard that a child could trip over, like garden hoses, lawn equipment, or large decorations.
- Check all of your outdoor lights, and replace any bulbs that have burned out.
- Keep jack-o’-lanterns or any other decoration lit by candles on sturdy tables and out of reach of pets, and small children. Do not put them near doorsteps or curtains, and make sure they are not left unattended to.
- It’s important to monitor cats and dogs and make sure they don’t run out of your home as you’re handing candy out.
Halloween Safety In the Car
- Popular trick-or-treating hours are from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. so it’s important to be especially alert for children during these hours. It’s a good idea to turn on your headlights earlier in the day to spot children from a greater distance.
- It’s also important to save phone conversations for when you get home.
- Make sure to pay extra attention to cross walks, intersections, and sidewalks.
- Stay below the speed limit in residential areas during trick-or-treating hours to give yourself time to brake for children.
- If you are dropping off or picking up children, pull off the road into a safe spot and turn on your hazard lights.
Lastly, there’s nothing more scary than finding out you don’t the homeowner’s coverage you thought you had once an accident occurs. This may be the best time to check your coverage and make sure that you are adequately protected.
Call us and let us get to work for you.
EMERGE INSURANCE AGENCY