- Online Store Sales: Sell items on eBay, LetGo or other online platforms. Sign up for a free account, then post photos of items you no longer want or need. Filter through offers on your items to choose the highest bidder. These sites allow you to see buyer ratings when you sell your items.
- Tutor or Coach: Are you a subject matter expert in math or an excellent writer? Maybe you were a great track runner or basketball player? The good news is if you have mastered a skill, there is someone who needs a tutor or coach. Visit your local community center or school to look into tutoring opportunities. You can also list your services online on a site like Craigslist.
- Dog Walking: If you love dogs and dogs love you, this could be an extremely easy way to earn extra cash. Dog walking can be a break from the normal office routine and provide you with some exercise and fresh air. Websites like Roverand Got Mutt are good resources for potential dog walkers.
- Drive for Uber or Lyft: Do you have a car in good condition that is less than seven years old? If so, becoming an Uber or Lyft driver might be the part-time job for you. Drivers can earn up to $15 per hour or more and create their own schedules, too. Make sure you have the coverage you need – Mercury offers ride-hailing insurance to extend your auto policy’s coverage in certain states, but be sure to check with you local agent ahead of time to confirm the coverage is available in your area.
- Catering: If you are the friend who everyone asks to bring a dish to the potluck or you enjoy parties, catering might be the side gig for you. Some catering companies will even pay higher rates to work on holidays and for special events.
- Photography: Photographs are essential to many events. They capture countless memories of weddings, graduations and children. If you enjoy photography, it can be a fairly lucrative side job. Photographers can earn up to $50 per hour to take pictures and can be hired for family, entertainment or corporate events.
- Restore and Sell Used Furniture: Many people simply throw out furniture they no longer want or need. What’s old to them could be new to you, and converting a vintage or eclectic piece can be a good source of cash. You can get some great deals at garage sales, or you can simply retrieve discarded pieces from the side of the road before trash day. Clean it, sand it, paint it, and sell it. Websites and apps like Craigslist and LetGo can provide a nice payday with only 2-3 hours of work.
Taking advantage of these unconventional and often easy ways to make a little extra money can make the difference when it comes to extending your budget and rebuilding your savings.
EMERGE INSURANCE AGENCY