Skip to main content

17 Common Questions Asked by Homeowners About Insurance – # 4

By April 28, 2016May 21st, 2020Insurance

Homeowners Insurance Jacksonville Florida

If a fire, flood, hurricane, or some other natural disaster were to destroy or damage your home, would you have the right insurance coverage to rebuild your house?

These series of posts are based on the questions consumers most frequently ask, explains what is covered in a standard homeowners policy and what is not. Where gaps in coverage exist, it tells you how to fill them.

To simplify explanations, we assume that you have a policy known as Homeowners-3 (HO-3), the most common homeowner’s policy in the United States. Find out what type of homeowners policy you have. If you have a different policy, you should review your options in question #17.
Question # 4: Am I covered for flood damage?
Answer: No. So, if you live in a flood-prone area it may be wise to purchase flood insurance. Flood insurance is provided by the federal government, under a program run by the Federal Insurance Administration. In some parts of the country, homes can be damaged or destroyed by mudslides. This risk is also covered under flood policies. Contact your agent or company representative to get this insurance or call the Federal Emergency Management Agency at 1-800-427-4661 or visit its Web site at

YOUR CAN GET FLOOD INSURANCE FOR LESS THAN $400/YEAR!! Call us now for a quote on your home.
Okay, our next post of common questions asked will be Question # 5: A pipe bursts and water flows all over my floors. Am I covered?
A current concern if you have enough protection for your home – call us.